Thursday, July 5, 2012

Taking on a new project

Alright followers!

It's been a few months since I've posted so here's a quick catch up: I moved, was hired on at a transportation research facility (my day job to support my career :), got a new car, a new phone, and a new camera is right around the corner! Lots and lots of changes and it's been a whirlwind trying to keep up. 

On the photography side: I've been doing so much to actually turn this into a full time gig. I'm currently taking a class with Improve Photography (check them out they are awesome!) that has been teaching me so much about focusing my business and thinking about what I want it to look like - check back for a lot of exciting changes coming soon! I've also been scouring blogs, reading books, and of course shooting! I've had a few weddings this summer and am second shooting for Michael Keys out of Radford, VA. Needless to say I've been busy, so sorry I've not updated you dear blog - you weren't forgotten. 

Well with everything I've been reading and learning I've felt like I needed a chance to put it into practice! So hear it is: my out loud commitment (decided only last week, started on Sunday) I am going to shoot something with my camera every day for a YEAR! (aaahhh...sooo nervous I'll be able to keep this up). But I'm committing out loud and I'm going to do my best. 

Ok, some perimeters - must take 1 picture every day from July 1st, 2012 to June 30, 2013. I can use whatever camera/lens combination. Will blog about the weekly photos once a week (this will also keep you updated as well as help me to blog more). Photos can be a part of a wedding/engagement session I'm shooting, but if so must have some new creative element introduced. If the photo is taken with a skill I already have then the "creativity" for that day can be a new editing technique.

So there it is: now it's public and has to happen - and to the people around me get ready to be models! Thanks for reading and I can't wait to see what this year holds.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment